1. Wine Can Lower The Risk of Heart DiseaseIs this a myth? Nope! Evidence shows that the tannins in red wine contain procyanidins (we need a few glasses to even attempt to pronounce this), and they are known to help reduce the risk and protect you from heart disease.
2. Can Help You Live LongerIf you’ve ever said “life isn’t worth living without wine” then you may be on to something! Studies have shown that the daily consumption of wine can help you live longer. Granted, this is also combined with other healthy lifestyles - so man cannot live on wine alone, but you definitely shouldn’t live without it!
3. Wine May Make You SmarterWe already knew you were smarter for drinking it, but there are studies that show that resveratrol in wine may help improve your short-term memory.
4. Can You Banish Breakouts With Wine?Some studies show that the resveratrol in wine is able to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria longer than benzoyl peroxide. So far, the best way to get the benefit is by drinking your wine, but a wine bath couldn’t possibly hurt anything either ;).
5. Is Wine Equal to Exercise?If you had to pick drinking wine or going to the gym, which would you choose? Just kidding - we know the answer to that one! Scientists at the University of Alberta in Canada found that wine can improve the heart, brain, and even the bone function in the same way that it is improved at the gym. We don’t, however, condone exercising and drinking wine at the same time …
6. Wine Can Beat the BluesSure, wine can help you relax, but did you know it can also help reduce your chances of depression? A study in Spain found that men and women who drank two to seven glasses of wine a week were less likely to be diagnosed with depression.
7. Wine Is Even Good For Your Lungs
While red wine is commonly referenced, white wine even offers benefits for your health. White wine has been linked to healthy lung function. Studies showed that people with varying alcohol consumption and lifestyle habits were given a lung function test and the wine drinkers had the highest levels of protective antioxidants in their blood and better lung function.
Drink the Best Wine at the Lake of the Ozarks
This weekend is shaping up to have BEAUTIFUL weather, and we think the best way to enjoy Drink Wine Day would be on our patio with a glass (or bottle) of your favorite wine. Our recently renovated landscape provides the perfect place to kick back and enjoy our amazing view, and when you get hungry, our menu features some delectable selections. Visit our website to learn more about our winery at the Lake of the Ozarks - we can't wait to serve you!
Come for the wine...Stay for the atmosphere...Remember the view!
Seven Springs is the finest Winery at the Lake of the Ozarks with a full-service facility perfect for outdoor weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, and parties. Call us today to make reservations for your special event!
Seven Springs Winery
846 Winery Hills Estates
Linn Creek, MO 65052