- 1 (10 pound) whole Goose
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 Orange
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Granny Smith Apple
- 2 Tbsp Goose Fat
- 1 cup Cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cup Seven Springs Blushing Springs wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger Root, grated
- 1/4 cup Thinly Sliced Green Onion
- 1 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a fork to prick the goose all over. Do not go into the meat, just through the skin. Season inside and out with sea salt, and stuff with the orange, lemon and apple.
- Tie the wings behind the bird with cooking twine, place breast-side-down into a roasting pan and fill with 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes and then remove from oven.
- Turn the goose breast-side-up, and prick the skin with a fork again.
- Add water to the pan to bring the level back up to 1/2 inch.
- Return the goose to the oven and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone reads 170 degrees F (about 2 hours).
- Remove from the oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil to let rest.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of goose fat from the roasting pan into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir in the cherries and cook until they've softened and begun to release their juice (about 10 min).
- Stir in the wine and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 2 minutes and then stir in the ginger, green onion, sugar, soy sauce and chicken stock.
- Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until the sauce has reduced by half, or to your desired consistency (about 10 minutes).
- Serve the sauce alongside the goose.
Recipe adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/roasted-goose-with-port-wine-cherry-sauce/
- 1 bottle Seven Springs Seven's Read Heaven wine
- 1 can Whole Cranberries in Sauce
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pour the Seven's Red Heaven in a large pot. Let simmer and reduce down by 2/3.
- Add cranberries and sauce, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Continue simmering until it reaches the desired consistency.
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Seven Springs Pinot Noir wine
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup Molasses
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 1/2 cups Flour, plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 cups Raisins, finely chopped
- 1 cup Dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup Nuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Candied Orange, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Apples, chopped
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Boiling Water
- Nutmeg Sauce (recipe below)
- Grease two 2-quart pudding molds.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, wine, brandy, eggs, molasses, salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour. Add raisins, dates, nuts, candied orange, apples, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Fill each greased mold 1/2 full of batter. Cover tops of molds with lids or 2 layers of aluminum foil.
- In a large pot or roaster, place molds on trivets or a rack and add boiling water 2/3 up the side of the mold; bring rapidly to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot or roaster and boil gently 4 to 4 1/2 hours (add more boiling water as necessary) or until fork comes out clean when put into center of pudding.
- Remove from heat and cool. Store in refrigerator, covered, until time to serve.
- To serve, steam for 1 hour before serving to heat thoroughly. Un-mold and serve hot with Nutmeg Sauce.
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add boiling water and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes until ingredients are well blended.
Try adding the best wine at the Lake of the Ozarks to many of your favorite Christmas dishes! Stop by our Lake of the Ozarks winery and pick up your bottles today. You don't have much time before Christmas gets here. Happy Holidays from Seven Springs Winery!
Come for the wine...Stay for the atmosphere...Remember the view!
Seven Springs is the finest Winery at the Lake of the Ozarks with a full service facility perfect for outdoor weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, corporate events and parties. Call us today to make reservations for your special event!
Seven Springs Winery
846 Winery Hills Estates
Linn Creek, MO 65052